Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Classes!

Yesterday I finally got off my bum and emailed Peebles about the classes I need to take next semester at UCL. There's this tricky little rule (i.e., the reason why I'll be graduating in May instead of December) (yes I'm bitter about this) where students doing the French Language Immersion Program (which will henceforth be known as FLIP because I'm lazy) have to take a crash/immersion course where you pretty much sit around and speak French for 3 hours for the first few days in Belgium, 9 hours of French courses (3 classes) and may take 3-6 hours of classes in other departments (2 classes) in order to remain full time students. This is what I'll be taking:

French 312 -- Writing in French I
French 317 -- Contemporary French/Francophone Civilization
French 398 -- Intermediate Oral Practice
Marketing 427 -- International Marketing
English 316 -- Writing & International Trade

I'll be doing 398 twice, because it's also the crash course all of us have to do at the beginning of the semester. Fr317 is only offered to the Clemson students, so I'll have that with the kids in my program (and I think Dr. Denis, one of the chairs of this program from Belgium, teaches it). Everything else? I get to mingle with foreign kids! :D

I'm only taking Eng316 at the insistence of Touya, my academic adviser, who I am loathe to listen to anyway because he neglected to mention that study abroad will put me behind graduating in the first place ('cause you know...that's only his JOB), and then proceeded to tell me (after I reamed him for it), "Well, sometimes, staying a little longer can be good." Do you wanna pay my tuition? No? Then sit down, shut up and GO HOME. Ugh. I am seriously about to pay for a whole semester + some change to eat chocolate, get fat, drink beer, and meander around Europe for 6 months. How about I just take a semester off and wander anyway? It'll be CHEAPER.

I think we'll end this on that positive note, hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment