Sunday, April 10, 2011

Deutschland Deutschland

Hey guys! How's it hanging?

Spring Break has officially begun! This week, Nick, Annie, Grace and I are in Germany staying at Nick's house. I'm not quite sure where it is, and he's gone on a run so I can't ask him, but the googling weather says I'm in Steinach am Glan. Either way, I'm close to Trier, which is where Clemson chemical engineering majors go to study abroad.

The weather. Here. Is. PERFECT. It's presently 19° C, which is close to 70° F. I FEEL LIKE I'M BACK IN SOUTH CAROLINA OH MY GOODNESS. Yesterday, we took a walk through the woods and sat out by a lake forever and played with Nick's dog. It was a good day. We even got to go to Ramstein, AND THERE WAS HAIR CARE PRODUCT I FLIPPED OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE. Seriously, I've never been so excited over hair grease. Ever.

Germany is so pretty I can't even stand it. It's all rolling hills and pastures and farm animals and deer and giant bunny rabbits and perfectly placed trees. Unfortunately, I can't put up pictures right now (not that I've taken many thus far) because I don't have my laptop on me, but they're coming. Oh they're coming.

Later this week, we're touring castles. A lot. Because it's Germany, and what is there to do? Tomorrow, we're going to Mannheim (I think)!

Check back soon for castle rants :D

Things I've learned:
1. Germany is gorgeous
2. Germany has perfect weather
3. Yes. They really do drive 80 bajillion mph--excuse me, km/h.

2 comments:

  1. hi bre this is your dad. i am so proud of you. i was just reading over your blog and it is awesome.i should get a computer soon,but i will still have to learn how to use it - love, dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where in the world is Carmen San Diego a.k.a. Lyssa Bre? She's all over the world! Bre, you must slow down and stop for a moment, so I can connect with you on Skype. :-) Oh yeah...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your braid out! I'm so very 'old school', I thought it was called "crimps"! LOL! I love you!

    Skype you soon,
    Aunt Sonya

    ReplyDelete