Thursday, April 14, 2011

I made it!

I've made it to Greece! I'm currently fending off Mosquitos in the port café we're passing the night in before we catch the ferry to Santorini in the morning, but whatever: I'm here in one piece.

So Greece. The countryside is beautiful. The water's really beautiful. Athens? Sketchy. Sketchy looking and dirty. We think we may have found the nicer part of town on the train, but there was no time to investigate.

The ferry tomorrow is out at 7:55 in the morning, and it's SEVEN HOURS LONG. I will try not to cry. Y'all know I don't do water. After that, though, it's 4 days of beach and sun and wonderfulness. I'm excited.

Things I've Learned:
1: Greek food is cheap
2: Greek food is delicious
3: Greek food is filling
4: Greece is diverse. I've seen more different types of people here in 7 hours than I have in 4 months in Belgium

1 comment:

  1. Please post a picture of the "ferry" so that people will understand that it was actually a "7 hour CRUZE". The "ferry" is awesome. it's actually a 4-6 level speed boat.

    OMG, I am so jealous. For graduation, Bre is sending ME to Greece so I can walk on beaches of BLACK SAND.

    ReplyDelete