Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The good, the eh, and the bad

Good news: I survived my TB test! Matt, my friend from Japanese class, magically appeared on his scooter as I was going in for it (and on the verge of tears) after class and gave me the thumbs up. I'm sure if he hadn't had a helmet on, he'd have given me a がんばって (ganbatte; the Japanese equivalent of "You can do it!"). He's a nice guy.

Eh news: I paid $15 and wasted 30 minutes sitting in Redfern (Clemson's health clinic) being told I weigh 195 pounds (which is bollocks, if you ask me) and answering questions about whether or not I have chronic this (no), chronic that (no), or medical allergies (codone). Srsly? I COULD HAVE LIED, PEOPLE. I am not, however, overlooking the fact that there was no blood drawn. Thank you, Jesus, for sparing me the finger prick/dull razor. (I'd hate to seem ungrateful)

Bad news: I haven't gotten my all-important FBI background check back yet. Deadline was today. But I emailed Meredith (the lady in the study abroad office who's working with us) and she told me to just hand in what I have.

In other (good) news, I don't have TB! (so now Matt can stop teasing me about it)

No comments:

Post a Comment