Monday, November 22, 2010

A Taste of Belgium : a drop-in

Saturday was a success! For a spur-of-the-moment idea, "A Taste of Belgium" went very well, and without a hitch! Thank you to everyone who came came out and/or donated and/or kept us in your thoughts :]


The set up! Pledge cards, AKA pens (v. nice, Aunt Tracy), and the donation basket were right when you walked in :]


(a somewhat incomplete photo of) The spread! For American food, we had chicken wings and ham biscuits. For Belgian food, there were chocolates, Flemish asparagus (WHICH I MADE MYSELF YES THANK YOU), Belgian waffles, Dutch apple Pie (not seen here), and Patty and Liz brought that red plate of cookies (which were delish). There was also ice cream for the pie, fruit and whipped cream for the waffles, and my clever clever Aunt Tracy made the cutest little party favors! If I find a picture of them, I'll post them later.

Some folks are weird about their pictures being on the internet, so I'll leave those off, but we had a good little crowd!

The food was really inexpensive and everything was super delicious! And we made a good bit of money too :]

Special shout out to my helpers, Aunt Tracy and Granny! I couldn't have done it without you guys :]

No comments:

Post a Comment