Friday, February 4, 2011

Rub your hands against the snake!

Feel free to ignore the title; it's a bit of an inside joke hahahaha.

I was going to do another political post, but that can wait for later because today (Sunday), I practiced being a housewife when I graduate college and made dinner.

Actually, Nick made dinner, and I made dessert and a side item or 2, but those are minor details.

We've been tossing around the idea of cooking dinner for a while, and this weekend we finally did! Nick and I went to the grocery store Sunday afternoon and got pretty much everything we needed for around 25€, and the stuff we forgot Karen O grabbed on the way over. We had Moroccan chicken, couscous, roasted chickpeas, and a spinach salad with roasted tomatoes. For dessert, I made chocolate chip orange scones. They ended up being more like cookies because I got distracted by making lemonade, but apparently they were still delicious. That made me happy, because I was pretty bummed that I browned them a little too much.

Pretty much, we fed 7 people for under 40€. And there are leftovers. That's impressive. I think it's pretty safe to say that Sunday Dinner is a new tradition.

2 comments:

  1. Now I know why your SKYPE status was Do Not Disturb earlier today when I logged on to try and SKYPE with you. You should've seen my sad face. :-( BUT, now that I know you were playing "happy homemaker" and preparing dîner for your "amis"! How did I do? :-)

    Nice to hear that you were making lemonade - noticed the glass of wine and cans of ? on the dinner table. I'm not going to ask! LOL! Dinner for under 40€? If that's close to $40.00, unbelievable!

    Thanks for the photo of your group - what a nice looking group of young adults!

    Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaat?!! I had my iPod with me, and my iPod has Skype on it! I took it especially in case you called! Poodles. I guess I forgot to change my Skype status from when I went to bed :[

    Also, that wine glass is full of Coca Cola, Auntie, and the Jupiler (you guessed it: beer) was an offering from Alex, the guy taking the picture.

    ReplyDelete