Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bonne année

First things first, happy new year! It's 2011, and here I am, living out of a suitcase like a vagabond and strangely okay with it. To everyone I saw, it was wonderful to see you before I left; to everyone I didn't see, we'll just have to have a Skype date or 2 one of these days.

Me myself, I spent New Year's Eve with my mummy and my granny, and New Year's Day with some of my favorite non-familial people, also known as my bestest best buddies from middle school. New Year's tradition dictates that we go down to Bee's place in Greenwood and have dinner together. It was good to have everyone together, since most times at least 2 of us are too busy to make it to the usual group functions.

You know how sometimes you take group pictures and everything you need to know about the group dynamic somehow makes it into that group picture? That's what this picture is for us. A similar phenomenon happened in 2010.

Shortly after this picture was taken, we all went our separate ways and I teared up a bit in the driveway saying goodbye to everyone (but hid it like a pro). I'm gonna miss those guys for the next 5 or so months; and y'all too, not to mention the handful of folks that I didn't get to see :[

The next time I update this thing, I'll be in Europe. :]

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bre Bre! Can you believe it? I logged on to your blog and was able to post a comment in under my usual 15 minutes! ^_^ Just wanted to take a quick minute to say "I miss my Bre Bre"! We're anxiously awaiting the great "South Carolina Blizzard of 2011", so it may be a few days before I can "blog" again. Hmm...I think I just made blog a verb, sort of like the Google phenom. Is that "blog-itically" correct? Any hoo! Can't wait for your posts - I love you! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw - what does Bonne année and Gauffre-a-gogo mean? I know I know...I could translate it on the web, but then I wouldn't be wowed by my beautiful, brillant, world-traveled niece! (wink) Bonjour for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonne année = Happy New Year

    I explained Gauffre-à-Gogo in a previous post! My friend decided that Belgium shall be called "Waffle-a-gogo Land" (long story) but Gauffre-a-gogo sounds better because of the alliteration :] Gauffre is French for waffle

    ReplyDelete