Thursday, January 20, 2011

Of museums and false hair

For those of you still confused about how to leave comments, I will explain.
Step 1: scroll down to the bottom of the entry
Step 2: click where it says "# comments". If there are no comments, it will say "0 comments", if there are 3 comments it will say "3 comments", etc.
Step 3: From the smaller white box, select "Name/URL" and type your name.
Step 4: Type your comment in the white box, and submit.

Got it? Great! Now make me feel loved.

I am buying Prince cookies like they're going out of style. Someone stop me or else I'll weigh like 546987631637868764 more pounds when I come home and they'll make me buy out the whole plane to accommodate my massiveness.

Today was a beautiful day. Sun was out, pigeons were being huge in the middle of the street, there were throngs of children were everywhere... AND I LEFT MY CAMERA AT HOME. Don't worry; tomorrow promises to be just as gorgeous, so I will remember my camera and snap photos around town then.

WE WENT TO THE HERGE (airhh-zjay) MUSEUM TODAY OH MY GOSH. For those of you don't know, Hergé is a very famous Belgian comic strip artist/advertiser/media tycoon. He came up with The Adventures of Tintin back in the 1920s, which was one of my favorite things ever back when Saturday morning cartoons were worth watching. THERE WAS TINTIN STUFF EVERYWHERE. I'm pretty sure I was the most excited person to be there. I love Tintin. I love comics. I love museums dedicated to Tintin and/or comics. What's there for me to be unhappy about?

We didn't have time to go by the gift shop, which made me sad, and they wouldn't let us take pictures inside the museum, which also made me sad but is understandable because then you could duplicate the comics and sell them for profit and THAT'S STEALING. Darn copyright infringement laws. There was this nifty little room there, though, that let you do THIS:
IS THAT NOT EXCITING?!! I KNOW IT IS.

We're also doing a photo-comic book project in class. My group's doing a detective story parody: my character goes "missing" but it turns out she's just playing a joke on her sister/roommate/boyfriend. It's going to be pretty awesome, just saying. Also, I am going to Prague for the break. It's going to be freezing and awesome. Can't wait!

Things I've learned:

1. Girls in Belgium don't wear their own hair. It makes me sad, because y'all know how much I hate weaves. If you don't know how much I hate weaves, I'll tell you: I hate them a lot. As in, I wish they had never been invented. But they all have weaves, and they're not even good. Your hair looks like steel wool at the root and then BAM! you have Hawaiian Silky on the bottom and just who exactly do you think you're fooling? Not me! And they all do these RIDICULOUS bouffants and end up looking like this:
only more to' down and raggedy. It's a crying shame.

2. People in Belgium stare. They stare because you speak English. They stare because you don't wear a weave. They stare because you wear colors. They stare because you don't scowl all day long. I'm going to start handing out autographed photos of myself and charge 2€ for them. I'm cute enough; I could totally make money that way.

3. There is an African district in Brussels called Matonge (or something similar) and lots of Black hair care places in Ixelles (near Brussels). I must go visit, because I cannot find product in Louvain-la-Neuve. That is my project for the weekend.

4. Aldi is amazing. I got a loaf of bread, 2 sandwich meats, cheese, Nutella, q-tips, and pain au chocolat for 7€. This excites me. I am a fan.

5 comments:

  1. omg aldi! i haven't found one here :( barcelona is all like WE HATE ANYTHING THAT'S NOT CATALUNYAN OR WHATEVER BC WE TALK FUNNY
    in other news, i'm glad hair crisis is resolved! i was slightly worried for a bit, really. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey boo! I like ur blog. U r really funny. Germany sounds very interesting. Oh yeah I can't wait to see these new fashions lol. Anyway have fun and keep blogging. Love ya

    P.S. do u speak any german?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, don't speak a word of German! Which is good, because I'm not in Germany! I'm in Belgium, which is right beside Germany and about the size of Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi it's your old roommate Hannah. Okay, so this is seriously out of date, but I didn't know you had a blog! Somehow completely missed that. Anyway, now I am going to comment quite late on your posts.

    Anyway, you do realize there is an aldi's in anderson right? It is my dad's favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete