Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Ode to Food and City Art


Do you see this? This, my friends, is what we have affectionately nicknamed "pizza waffle". It's a waffle. WITH STUFF INSIDE. Technically, this one has nothing to do with pizza at all: it had chicken, curry and tomatoes and IT WAS DELICIOUS. It was 3,40€ at Waffle Factory, this little place close to school. The guys who own it are really nice, and did I mention that it was only 3,40€? 4,50 if you got a drink. Will definitely be going back. Possibly today, if it is not raining and/or disgusting outside.

I have also found popcorn in Europe! Trust me, it's harder than you think. They serve as an appetizer of sorts at this crêperie in town that is mad expensive because they're supposed to have the best crêpes and milkshakes. They average out between 14 and 20 € a crêpe. Yeah. The one I got was 8,95 and suffice it to say that I will not be patronizing them often.


THIS IS ON THE SIDE OF OUR MOVIE THEATER. If you pay attention to how the city is on top of a highway and a railway, that is what I mean when I say that Louvain floats on top of a highway. I actually think this city is meant to be Louvain. Either that, or Minas Tirith in the 21st century ('nother LotR ref!).


And this I just think is cool. Check out the roots coming from the columns! Don't ask what that building is for; I have no idea.

I don't rightly remember if I said this before here, but Wednesday, I AM GOING TO PRAGUE. Every time I think about it, I want to sing "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" by Cher. I'm actually listening to it right now! :]

5 comments:

  1. OMG! A waffle with stuffing inside - I want one!!!! How cool is that! I just spent the last 15 minutes catching up on all of your posts - what an amazing adventure. My head is swimming with all of the knowledge you've shared thus far. What sticks out the most? Beer, beer, beer, beer! Aunt Tracy says..."Oh Lord, my niece is going to come back as a beer-a-holic!" I'm going to add "a well-dressed" beer-a-holic with happy hair (due to the lack of ethnic hair products)! Aunt Tracy says, "juice for breakfast, water for lunch, and an occasional beer for dinner". So after looking at that scrumptious waffle in this post, I guess were NOT waffles at your "Taste of Belgium" brunch huh? Aunt Tracy is now on a mission to find an authentic Belgium cookbook. Lord help us all. =O BTW - thanks for making it easier to post - love this! I tried to SKYPE with you earlier today but you weren't on. I figure you've gone out for the evening or headed on your out-of-town adventure. Don't worry, I will try again tomorrow morning (here) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE SAFE. Aunt Sonya has nothing but Love Love Love for her Bre Bre (Hee Hee). I told you I wanted to try your "Love Love Love" closing - Love that too! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction... happy=nappy and "I guess 'those' were NOT waffles at your "Taste of Belgium" brunch huh? I promise to preview my posts from here on out. Hahaha! Especially if they're longer than most. :-) Who cares, I have no life and I'm experiencing Belgium vicariously through one of THE most amazing persons that I know, my awesome niece! I have loads to say and I'm so excited, I can hardly contain my joy!! Belgium here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I noticed that glass of wine in your hand as I was logging off - PUT THAT DOWN! I guess that's what "this is what happens when you let me out of the country" means huh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is NOT wine in my hand. That is sparkling grape juice. I was in Greenwood, and had to drive home that night; plus all my friends are underage. And I'm not going to become a beeraholic! Belgium is famous for beer and it's everywhere, even at Subway. I couldn't escape being near it if I tried! (ohhh and I HAVE tried)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bre! I finally figured out how to post comments, DUH! have to log in. I thought I was pretty Internet savvy but had to get assistance from your aunt Sonya which goes against "brother- older sister law" I think it's in the bible, uh delbert 4:13. Thou shall never let your older sister be more technical savvy than you!

    Just read thru your posts and was thinking how proud I am of you! Wow Belgium. Ok sorry about the mushy stuff. Can you FedEx me one of those waffles umm... that's looks so good.

    A city on top of rails and roads, very interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete